Our first stop was to see the campus of University of Maryland. My campus!! It is so so so beautiful here. We are the mighty Terrapins, or 'Terps,' that's a giant turtle in case you didn't already know that.
The next stop was downtown to see the mall. We went to the National Gallery of Art. It was so beautiful, but it was extra interesting with the new live exhibit. you'll have to ask about that one.This is another fountain in the museum of art. It had such beautiful courtyards. Such an amazing structure the gallery is!
This is Harper's Ferry, where the shenandoah meets the potomac river. It was beautiful. Sorry this picture does not capture the beauty. Pete and I didn't take many pictures that day, because we decided to enjoy the time in that beautiful area while on the river! We went white water rafting, which was actually so so so fun! It was slow for a good portion, but there were some really fun parts of the river, and I am so glad I was able to go with my knee being injured still.
This was the actual Fourth of July with fireworks and everything. we stood in awe while on top of the lincoln monument gawking at the gigantic fireworks above our heads. It was so fun! We also went to Georgetown that day to play and look around. pete was lucky, because all of the shops were closed. ;)
Anyway, on Sunday night we had to say goodbye, and it was hard. It was kind of a tease to have him here for such a short time, but I am so glad that I was able to show him my world and what it's like here in Maryland. I love it here. I miss my home greatly. I miss all of you, but I have one more month, and then I will be home again. :) yay!!
Tonight I leave for Kentucky to visit Mom, Tiffy, Branden, and Savannah!! Yes!!!
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Fourth of July in the Nation's Capitol
Posted by Anonymous at 6:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment