This last weekend was soooo incredibly fun! Pete and I left at the exact same time from LAX and baltimore, he was supposed to wait for me at my gate, because his flight was supposed to have arrived 20 min before mine, but my flight was really early and beat his. I sprinted down the terminal to surprise him!! It was such a wonderful reunion. :) Then we did the Longhurst tradition of going to IHOP on the night that family gets in town. It was so fun. Then pete and I stayed up until 4am talking and catching up and being in love. It was so nice. Then we parted, but only for 3 hours until I went and woke him up really early at 7am so that we could go running before the houston heat came out to bake us. We had a great 3.5 MIN run. That was the first time I have tried to go running since my knee surgery, 3 months ago. I could only run for like three and a half minutes, because the muscles in my legs are very atrophied. Anyway, when we got home Craig made us a great breakfast of eggs, toast, peaches, bacon, bananas, and oranges, and that awesome LOOZA nectar juice.....mmmmmazing! Then we went to 'the club' as Craig calls it. It really is a nice sports mall type place. We had a lot of fun.....i beat them at horse and around the world, pete beat us at 7-on-the-line, and craig beat pete in 1-on-1. I would have played, but I am not allowed yet. then I watched craig and pete play tennis. They were tied at 5-5, but I walked in and pete lost to craig in the final game. :( but hey at least that tells you he can't concentrate when I'm in the room. I think that that is endearing. Then we swam and hung out at the pool. Then we went to the Nordstrom sale. We consulted for craig and helped him buy some nice new shirts and shoes. We are compensated through a small consulting fee of getting something we liked. pete found a few really nice shirts (one with stripes! Can you believe it? (he always wears checkers and only blue checkers, this time it was striped! and blue. we're making progress though!!)) and I fould a cute white jacket with big buttons vintage style. :) Then we went out to a nice tex-mex restaurant. Then to a movie. Pete and I woke up early to make breakfast and head out to the family ward for church. We met up with Ryan Dalling a mutual friend of ours. I took a math class with him, and pete takes business classes with him. We love Ryan. He is so cool. He came to lunch with us later that day. Then Pete and I had to say goodbye at the airport gate. :( it was sad, but we get to see eachother on Friday-- I just finished up with Maryland, and I am excited to get back to the west coast!!! I miss my roots!!
Monday, July 21, 2008
Houston with Pete's Pops
Posted by Anonymous at 10:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds like you had a great time! Pete's dad seems great.
That soudnds like a great trip! See you tomorrow! Xoxoxo!
Wow! I finally got caught up on all your fun - sounds like Houston was great - I'm so happy you guys had a great time.
Love ya P2
sooo fun! i can't wait to see you again soon!
Post a Comment